One of the things I always recommend to every person that comes to me asking for advice is to have more fun in life.
Now this might seem like totally unrelated to a lot of problems.
So what does that have to do with learning to have more fun in life?
For one, most things we struggle with are actually ways to deal with something that’s missing in our lives.
Many of our problems are actually solutions to other problems we have – even though we might not be consciously aware of the causal connections, and even though sometimes the solution to a very small problem can be in itself a much bigger problem than the original problem. (You might want to re-read that sentence to really let it sink in).
But as “light” a word as it is – fun is actually a powerful healing agent.
So here are 10 things you can do to have more fun in life, courtesy of Neil Strauss and Allen Sserumanga Rialè.
- When money comes out of the ATM scream, “I won! I won!”
- Hire two private investigators. Get them to follow each other.
- Wear a shirt that says “Life.” Hand out lemons on a street corner.
- Get into a crowded elevator and say, “I bet you’re all wondering why I gathered you here today.”
- Major in philosophy. Ask people WHY they would like fries with that.
- Run into a store and ask what year it is. When someone answers yell, “It worked!” and run out cheering.
- Become a doctor. Change last name to Acula.
- Buy a parrot. Teach the parrot to say, “Help, I’ve been turned into a parrot.”
- Change name to Simon. Speak in third person.
- Follow joggers around in your car blasting “Eye of the Tiger” for encouragement.
You see, it’s being able to do silly things like this that can really fill up a lot of the “emptiness” in life.
You don’t always need “serious therapy” or talk through heavy stuff.
Fun isn’t just superficial if you truly enjoy it.
It’s the juice of life.
(Or at least an ingredient of life’s secret sauce, along with a couple of other things).
You should enjoy life, and you deserve to have fun.
In fact, having fun makes you a better person.
What feeds your dark side is not joy or happiness; it’s stress, tension, anxiety, anger.
And fun is the best antidote for all of these.
What’s more, when you have more fun in life, other people will want to spend more time with you too. And you’ll affect them in more positive ways.
Related hypnosis downloads: