Here some quick facts about forensic hypnosis:
- specific kind of hypnosis that must ensure that only repressed memories are recovered, not false memories made up
- not all states accept forensic hypnosis
- forensic hypnosis should be recorded so that it’s possible to view afterwards if false memories might have been induced and to get additional hints regarding the recovered memories
- There are three kinds of forensic witness:
- Fact Witness: You did the investigative hypnosis interview & have to testify that you were called in, explain what procedures you used and what results you got.
- Expert Witness: Someone else conducted the hypnosis interview & you just come in as an expert on hypnosis.
- Consulting Expert: You have been called in to testify that the hypnosis interview was done right. You need documentation to show for it.
- You must know the proper legal protocols.
More soon, if you have questions, please contact me.